Monday, May 24, 2010

Beginning at Kidder Creek

Family,

I am now at Kidder Creek. I feel like I stumbled in really. As of now there are only12 of us here for leadership training. I have to say that I was a little surprised to find out that I was on the camp leadership team. Probably one of those things that I should have known but I just didn't manage to put two and two together, but that is neither here nor there.

Coming to camp, if I'm being entirely honest, I was really concerned about having to live inside of a new community. It just usually is not an easy transition, but having been here for two days, I have to say that I have never felt so welcomed into a community without question. The people here are all really great and I am excited to get to know them all even better over the next three months.

I feel like this week is going to be a lot of me learning about just what it is I'm doing this summer and how to live and function inside of a camp atmosphere. I am really grateful that I have this week with just the leadership team to help me get acclimated before the rest of the staff gets here this weekend.

The rest of this week involves more leadership training and team bonding, culminating in the Adult White Water Rafting trip the camp puts on every year...the bad news is that it is supposed to start raining tonight and not stop until Friday night, and given that it was snowing on my way in on Saturday, I'm expecting it to be pretty cold on the river.

I'm getting really excited to see just how God is going to use me this summer as a part of this team and this fantastic ministry way up here in the middle of nowhere, and I cannot wait for the rest of the staff to arrive. I can already tell that this summer is going to be unlike anything I have ever experienced. Pictures to come potentially. Praise God.

Scott E. McGhee

1 comment:

  1. skeegle! i am so excited for you! you are going to be so blessed by this! being in new community is hard (take it from the newbie), but you have been so gracious and such a blessing to all those newcomers at flood (myself included!) that it's great to see you on the receiving end of that love. have a great summer! (HAGS?) haha

    ReplyDelete