Thursday, October 3, 2013

Nostalgia

I've been listening to a lot of Third Eye Blind today. A bit of a throwback, but if you know me, you may well know of my obsession with 90's music. There are few things in life that have the power to draw out of the depths of our mind memories from earlier times. For me, Third Eye Blind happens to be a band that induces great nostalgia. I think back to the times I first heard their music on the radio and how I had no idea what they were singing about (probably a good thing). Then again in college when I rediscovered them after randomly seeing them live before taking off to Mexico for the weekend. I remember many times listening to "Motorcycle Drive By" on repeat with Andrew as loud as we would dare while screaming along with it as we drove down the freeway.

Sometimes I need a little nostalgia in my life. It gives me hope that even in the midst of busyness and a chaotic schedule, there are things that are happening today that I will be able to reflect on in a few years with fond memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment